Hackers are everywhere on the dark web. Ransomware attacks continue to grow. Phishing schemes are getting more sophisticated. Are we on the edge of a new dark age controlled by those who wish us ill, or are we on the verge of a more defensible and secure golden age?
Matt Lee, Senior Director of Security and Compliance at Pax8, talked with Tigerpaw recently, laying out everything MSPs and SMBs need to know to make their online and network security more robust and defensible. In this important interview you’ll learn:
- What SMBs must do to create a more defensible security infrastructure even beyond what their MSP may provide
- Why we shouldn’t get too excited or complacent about the recent arrests in the REvil empire
- Why the dangerous battleground for cyber supremacy isn’t the end of the world as we know it
- How starting with an “okay” security policy is far better than doing nothing at all
- What the “reasonable person” rule is and why you should care
- The importance of checklists (and getting started with the CIS 18 point framework)
- The importance of not being anchored too strongly in old security paradigms when rising tides change the game
- How centralized access control and cloud adoption will help to simplify and fortify defensibility
If you’ve never seen or heard Matt Lee speak before, you are in for one heck of a ride! His expertise around all things security, combined with the power of the beard, make for an eye-opening and highly applicable master class on how to get started on a more secure and defensible future. If you’re serious about protecting your business and intellectual property, watch or listen to the interview now:
When you finish watching or listening to Matt, learn more about ways to protect your company in an increasingly digital world.