Change is nothing new for the Office Equipment channel. Many dealers started with typewriters, grew during the fax machine boom, and made a fortune on standalone copiers sold out of vans. In the 2000s, everything became networked and Cost Per Page programs proliferated.
Digital workflows, remote work, and supply chain issues have forced dealers to consider changing or adapting how they deliver office print and copy to customers. But with so many options, how do you know which direction to go?
In this new interview with Tigerpaw Radio, Jay McBain, Principal Analyst at Forrester, provides some of the most important business advice you’ll hear for the future of your dealership. Jay is a sought-after expert on channel evolution, and this is an interview you simply cannot afford to miss. You’ll learn:
- Why AWS and other marketplace options will continue to erode dealer-based sales of printers and copiers
- How dealers can win more high-margin opportunities even if the printers and copiers are sold by somebody else
- Which adjacent technology offerings provide the best way to grow and diversify (and they aren’t Managed IT or Cyber Security!)
- The new measurements for business valuations and how little revenue and profit has to do with multipliers
- The math behind the new opportunities for growth
- What DAM stands for (and why you need to learn its principals to grow your business)
- The concept of “getting paid every 30 days forever” and how you can make it happen
The future of the Office Equipment channel is going to be very different from what we’re used to, but that doesn’t have to be a bad thing. This powerful interview is chock FULL of actionable advice and direction to help you provide what customers are really looking for going forward. You can listen to the interview here:
When you’re finished, be sure to bookmark our blog page and check back often for more exciting tips and strategies to help you grow your business! Whether you are an MSP, security solutions provider, managed IT provider, office equipment dealer, or anything in between, you’re guaranteed to find content that helps you raise your game to new levels. Subscribe to our weekly blog posts to ensure you don’t miss a thing.