On July 2, 2021, the unthinkable happened for an MSP in New York: they, and their customers, suffered a ransomware attack. Progressive Computing, Inc., and over 80 of their customers, along with 2,500 end points, 250 servers, and 200 sites, were locked out of their systems after bad actors took advantage of software provider Kasaya.
Fortunately, the story doesn’t end here! Join West McDonald, Chief Noise Maker at Tigerpaw Software, in this incredible interview with Robert Cioffi, COO at Progressive Computing, Inc., and learn the horrors and valuable lessons in surviving a cyberattack. You’ll hear:
- The horrifying details of an MSP (and their customers) that suffered a ransomware attack
- How it all became very real when Robert noticed all his computer screen icons in the office had turned into white boxes
- How surreal it is to realize that most of your customers are also victims of the attack
- About the dark loneliness that can overtake you when you watch your business valuation go to zero
- The power of community: The generosity of time and expertise from fellow MSPs (even competitors!)
- Why an actual attack is so much different than tabletop exercises
- What your company can do to survive an attack
- How a strong corporate culture makes it easier to pull a team together
- Why at the end of the day MSPs sell trust and confidence, NOT technology services
- The delicate balance of using language carefully to maintain your real voice while being careful with legal requirements
- The importance of securing a great cyber insurance provider
- Why there is some sunshine on the other side if an attack is mitigated correctly
- Tips for building a cyber and incident response plan
This interview is filled with important and inspiring information that will help you to prepare for the unthinkable. We live in a threat landscape where seemingly nobody is immune, and forewarned is forearmed, as they say.
While you’re here, don’t forget to subscribe so you never miss an important piece of learning content designed to help you better your business and sleep better at night!