Delivering mediocre or poor customer service can have a terrible impact on your business. Some sobering statistics:
- 90% of Americans use customer service as a factor in deciding whether or not to do business with a company. (source)
- 49% of American consumers switched companies last year due to poor customer service. (source)
It doesn’t have to be this way. If you learn to provide GREAT customer service, 73% of customers say that’s all the reason they need to fall in love and stay loyal to you!
We all know that feeling we get when we’ve experienced great customer service, but how do we ensure we can deliver that to our customers too? Tigerpaw is excited to share the Great Customer Service educational series with you so that you can!
We spoke with two customer service aficionados, Corey Odvody of Americom and Joel Vaslow of Tigerpaw Software, and they share the secrets to consistently delivering great customer service.
- E1: How do you define great customer service? We all know that feeling we get when we experience great customer service, but what this actually means can be illusive. With no clear definition of what great customer service means it can be even harder to deliver that experience. In episode 1 of this 5 part series on customer service, our guests share their perspectives on what makes for great customer service.
- E2: Customer Service E2: Why is great customer service so important? The benefits of great customer service might seem obvious. However, the are several surprising ways in which great customer service can impact your business. Join Joel & Corey in the 2nd episode of this customer service series as they discuss the intuitive and counterintuitive advantages that great customer service can provide to your business.
- E3: What can ruin great customer service? Corey & Joel are back to tackle the hard truths and the potentially disastrous effects that poor customer service can have on the health of a business. You will discover the ways you can ensure your business isn’t guilty of some of the dangers that could be hiding within the framework of your own organization.
- E4: What are the secrets to hiring for great customer service? Anybody who has ever had to hire people knows that getting the right people in the right seats is a lot easier said than done. Hiring for good customer service is often a struggle especially in technology service business where technical aptitude is so highly valued. In episode 4 we’ll share some service-centric hiring gold nuggets that are surprisingly simple and easy to replicate.
- E5: How do companies differentiate themselves on customer service? Joel & Corey share some personal accounts of great customer service (and a couple of cautionary tales too!) in the final episode of the “Great Customer Service” series.
Interested in more powerful ways to learn and grow your business? Be sure to check out and subscribe to the Tigerpaw blog, Tigerpaw Radio, and our YouTube channel. A treasure trove of insightful & educational resources designed to help you grow your business like never before!